When you upload a file to the Canon Webshop, the portal automatically checks the file for technical errors, such as those concerning format, margin, and image resolution. The content of the file is not checked. You will receive a notification telling you to resolve the errors and submit a new file. If you ignore this message and accept that it contains errors, the file will be printed with the errors included. In such cases, Canon can no longer guarantee the quality.
Articles in this section
- What are the specifications for my file?
- What is a PDF and how do I create a PDF?
- How do I create a pdf for bleed printing?
- Which programmes can I use to create my files?
- Where can I upload my files?
- Is there a maximum file size for uploading?
- Can I upload multiple files for a product?
- Why does it take so long to upload my files?
- How do I know if my files are suitable for printing?
- Will the files I have uploaded with an order be saved in the Canon Webshop?