Before you begin: Ensure the Mac system is logged into the UvA network.
- Download the OS X / macOS driver.
- Put the file in a folder that is available to all users of the Mac.
Tip: Use the shared folder: Macintosh HD:Users:Shared.
- Choose Apple menu -> System Preferences.
- Click [Printers & Scanners].
- Click the plus-button (+) to add the new printer.
- Click the [IP] tab.
- Enter in the [Address] field: <UvAnetID>@Canamswapp05.ps1.mycanonprint.nl
Where you replace <UvAnetID> with your personal user name on the UvA network.
For example: janjanssen@Canamswapp05.ps1.mycanonprint.nl
- Select in the [Protocol] field: [Line Printer Daemon - LPD].
- Select in the [Queue] field: [MacFollow-Me]
- Enter in the [Name] field: [UvA Follow-Me]
- Select in the [Location] field: [UvA]
- Select in the [Use] field: [Other].
- Browse to the file you have downloaded and click [Open].
- Click [Add] and set the options as indicated below. Then, click [OK].
- Set the UvA Follow-Me as your default printer as follows. Right-click the new printer and select [Set as default printer].
- If required, you can remove the downloaded file.