This instruction applies when you are logged in with your Windows computer on the UvA
Note: In Windows 11, you may experience problems installing the HvA/UvA Follow-Me Printer (error message: 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709). If this is the case, follow the steps at the bottom of this page.
- Open the start menu and select Run (or use the shortcut Windows key + R).
- Enter the following link: \\Canamswapp05.ps1.mycanonprint.nl
Note: When a security warning appears, click ‘Allow’ to proceed.
- Fill in your UvAnetID@uva.nl (*) and password. (When required).
- Click on ‘Follow-Me’. Use the right mouse button and choose “Connect”
Note: It may take a while before the printer driver appears.
- To set the ‘Follow-Me’ as your default printer:
- Open the start menu
- Click ‘Devices and Printers’
- Click on ‘Follow-Me’
- Right-click on the printer icon and set as default printer.
- You are now ready to use the Canon printers from your applications!
* Example: email@example.com
Resolve Windows 11 installation problem (error message: 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709)
1. Press WIN + R simultaneously on your keyboard and run the following: gpedit.msc
2. Go to the following section: Administrative Templates > Printers > Configure RPC connection settings > Select: Enable
3. Select "RPC over named pipes" from the Dropdown menu and click OK.
4. Close the Group Policy Editor.
5. Reboot your machine.